To enhance your experience at the Main Street Inn Bed & Breakfast in Parkville, Missouri please familiarize yourself with the following guidelines and policies prior to your stay.
Jason and Kathy, the Owners+Innkeepers, do live on site but may not always be there. Check in times, changes, or any communications prior to your arrival or during your stay are very important to us. Please keep the Main Street Inn’s number handy: 816.272.9750 as the first method of communicating with us. You can email, call, or text us. Please note, text messages regarding price & availability ARE NOT responded to.
Your Arrival & Departure:
Check-in is between 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
The Inn is closed for cleaning until 4:00pm. You may check in anytime between 4:00-6:00pm. Check-in is quick and easy because we will have taken care of your registration in advance. When you arrive at our home, you will be warmly welcomed, escorted to your room and receive a tour of any open spaces in the inn.
For arrivals before 4:00 pm – most special accommodations can be made with advance notice and a fee of $50 to make your room a priority for the day. The earliest check-in that we can accommodate is 2:00pm. Please add this ‘extra’ when making your reservation. Once confirmed, your early check-in fee is not refundable.
For arrivals after 6:00 pm – Please notify us if you plan on arriving after 6:00 pm so we can make special arrangements.
Note: Early check-ins are based on availability and will be confirmed separately via email. We regret that we cannot accommodate early luggage drop-offs. If you are staying here for your wedding night, please know we often allow for a key pick-up earlier in the day to accommodate your event times. When this option is selected, it is confirmed via phone.
Check-out is by 10:30 am.
To prepare your room for the next guests, check-out is by 10:30am. In most cases, with advanced notice and a $50 fee, a late check-out can be accommodated. Adding this ‘extra’ to your reservation allows you to check-out as late as 12:30pm. Once confirmed, your late check-out fee is not refundable. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Your reservation is a binding agreement between you and the Main Street Inn. When you make a reservation, we agree to provide that room(s) to you on the date(s) you reserved. As a result, we decline all subsequent requests for the room reserved and the selected date. We do not overbook our rooms. In turn, you agree to abide by all inn policies and pay for the entire reservation. The terms of cancellation for your reservation are shared with you before you confirm your reservation with a credit card (whether the reservation is made on-line or via phone) and the policies are restated via a confirmation email as long as the guest has provided an accurate email.
We recognize that circumstances arise, sometimes out of a guest’s control, requiring the cancellation of a reservation. However, as a small business, cancellations have a significant impact on us and the services we are able to provide to our guests. Therefore, we cannot make exceptions to the cancellation policies and must ask you to take responsibility for your reservation.
All reservations will be accepted and confirmed online. Guests are responsible for checking their email for a confirmation within 24 hours of making a reservation and if no confirmation is received, guests are responsible for contacting the inn. If there is a conflict or question about the reservation confirmation, guests are responsible for contacting the inn within 24 hours or the reservation confirmation will remain as stands.
Regular Leisure Stays
- Cancellations from the time the reservation is made up to fifteen (15) days prior to the date of your reservation are subject to a 20% cancellation fee for all dates canceled. Your one (1) night’s deposit will be refunded less the 20% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations with notice of fourteen (14) days or less prior to the date of your reservation results in a 100% charge of the room rate for all dates canceled. Your one (1) night’s deposit is no longer refundable and any remaining balance of your reservation will be charged at the time the cancelation is made. If the room is rebooked with another guest, the cancelation charge will be reduced to a 20% cancellation fee for the date(s) rebooked and the balance will be issued to you in the form of a gift certificate.
Please note that rescheduling your stay constitutes a cancellation.
Group, Holiday, Special Events
- Cancellation of group (two or more rooms), special event, and holiday reservations from the time the reservation is made up to thirty (30) days prior to the date of your reservation are subject to a 50% cancellation fee for all rooms and all dates canceled.
- Cancellations with notice of twenty nine (29) or less days prior to the date of your reservation result in a 100% charge of the room rate for all rooms and all dates canceled. You will be charged for the remaining balance of your reservation at the time of your cancelation. If any of the rooms/dates are rebooked with another guest, the cancelation charge will be reduced to a 50% cancellation fee for the room/date rebooked only and the balance will be issued to you in the form of a gift certificate.
Please note that rescheduling your stay constitutes a cancellation.
Guest Suite Restrictions:
For your safety and the safety of others NO OPEN FLAMES of any kind are allowed. Open flames of any kind (candles, incense) and irons are strictly prohibited from use in rooms.
You are free to enjoy our battery operated flicker flame candles.
Please no fresh flower petals on the floor, beds and/or Jacuzzi tubs. Flower petals stain fine linens, carpet and upholstery.
Our rooms and the Inn are decorated in designer fabrics, delicate collectibles and one of a kind items. Guests will be charged full price for any damage, required cleaning, or replacement that may be necessary.
Rub-A-Dub–Dub: Please do not use your own oils, bubble baths or bath soaps in our Jacuzzi tubs. Doing so can cause damage to the water pump and jets. We have carefully hand selected a delightful assortment of bath salts that are good for you and good for the tubs.
The Inn maintains quiet hours from 11pm – 7am daily. With kind respect for our fellow guests, please plan to conclude your relaxing time in the tub by 11:00pm in order to ensure a restful night for all.
The Inn is a private facility and is for the exclusive use of our overnight guests. This ensures the quiet, relaxing and secure nature of the environment for all of the guests. If a guest would like to have a visitor, it must be prearranged with the staff. Guest rooms are intended for the use of guests only and are not to be used as gathering places.
Breakfast & Breakfast Guests:
We understand that not everyone eats breakfast, or some guests would prefer to sleep in a little longer. Please let us know at check-in if you would prefer not to partake in part or all of our breakfast tradition. If you choose not to eat breakfast, or have an early departure without breakfast, we are sorry, but there is no discount / refund / credit issued for not eating breakfast.
With 48-hour notice, we will gladly put together a “breakfast-to-go-bag” that will be ready for those who need to leave early. Our ‘breakfast-to-go-bag” typically consists of homemade bread or muffins, fruit and/or yogurt & homemade granola, orange juice & to-go cups for coffee.
We regret that we are unable to serve a “private” breakfast in your room.
If, as a guest of the Main Street Inn, you would like to invite a friend or family member to join you for breakfast at the Inn, it can be accommodated in most circumstances. Please prearrange this with us, a breakfast charge of $15 will be added to the guest bill at the time the request is authorized.
Children & Pets:
We are sorry, we love pets but we are unable to offer pet accommodations.
Maximum Occupants Per Room:
- Gift certificates are available for any occasion by contacting us directly at 816.272.9750 to discuss the amount and wording.
- We recommend a certificate for a flat dollar amount to be used towards a stay rather than for a particular room, since the room may not be available for the dates the recipient wants.
- The certificate can be mailed, with information on Parkville and the Main Street Inn, to the purchaser or to the recipient directly.
- Payment in the form of credit card or a personal check is required prior to validation of the certificate for use.
- Recipients can upgrade the certificate (for example, upgrade to a different room or add a night) and pay for the difference in cost at check-out.
- Recipients can make a reservation using their certificate by contacting us directly to confirm room availability and dates.
- Certificates issued prior to January 1, 2013, expire after one year. There are no extensions available for these certificates.
- Certificates issued after January 1, 2013 will have terms listed on the certificate. Any amount left over in the certificate balance will not be refunded to the user, but will be credited towards a future stay – this credit is NOT transferable to another party.
- Because of the change in ownership, Gift Certificates that were donated by the Main Street Inn for charitable or fund-raising purposes prior to January 1, 2013 will be honored with a couple exceptions. They are valid for Sunday – Thursday nights and exclude holidays.
- Gift Certificates that were donated by the Main Street Inn for charitable or fund-raising purposes after January 1, 2013 will have the terms and conditions written on the gift certificate.
- Please note that we do not take BedandBreakfast.com gift certificates/gift cards as a form of payment